My Birthday Blog… A Last Minute Re-Write
Its 4:15 pm on Thursday and I’m rewriting my blog for tonight. My original blog was a recap of 18.3 and a small gripe about turning 41. I don’t WANT to be another year older but really…. why the heck am I complaining?! Instead I want to share something with you as I embark on another year of life.
As you know, I’ve been doing more personal training over the past few months. I love it. It’s my passion and I know it’s what I was meant to do on this earth. I’m building a core group of people that I hold accountable, build their confidence and tackle their problems. It’s not the workouts that make a difference, it’s the discussions we have before the workouts.
This morning I had 4 very deep conversations with members before I even coached my 11:30 class. Three of the members were in tears as we discussed their troubles and I teared up as I listened to them talk. I can feel their pain. This isn’t easy stuff they are dealing with but I can help and I will help. I ask them:
What is challenging you?
How can I help?
How can I show you that you deserve so much more from this life?
- You deserve healthy food.
- You deserve to be a part of the CPM community despite that fact that it isn’t a “cheap” gym membership.
- You deserve my time and my ear and I’m willing to give it to you. (that may sound conceited but I value my time and not just anyone gets some of it)
I’ll admit, I don’t have a lot of emotional struggles. Yes, I can relate to my clients on every level but I tend to handle adversity quite well in my life. I choose to be in a good mood EVERY SINGLE DAY. I use resources to help me build confidence (co-workers, friends, family members). You can do the same. USE US!
This next year is going to be a great one for me. I’m finding a solid balance of family time, working and working out. I feel great and I want you to feel great too. If you are struggling, hit me up. I’m here to listen and to help ❤️
18.4…Time For a Challenge
2 Rounds for Time (14 Minute Time Cap)
20 Overhead Squats (115/80)
12 Ring Muscle Ups
20 Dumbbell Snatch
12 Bar Muscle Ups
Instantly I am overwhelmed by this workout. So many challenging movements but it turned into a super fun night. Here is my personal experience…
- Doubles – No biggy other than they take my breath away.
- Overhead Squats – Ended up being the hardest part for me. They just hurt!
- Pull-ups (scale for ring muscle-ups) – 12 was quick and painless.
- Dumbbell Snatch – Easiest part!
- Bar Muscle-ups – Got some of my best ones yet. Funny how that happens when your shoulders are FRIED!
- MY BIG TAKEAWAY – Stop avoiding the rings. I’m ready to get my ring muscle ups. It is time!
This ended up being a lot more fun than I anticipated. I truly appreciate how the members participating came to the workout with a plan. They knew they might have to scale and they were prepared with their own version of 18.3. That is exactly what this is about! You can make this your own workout. It’s just like class. We fully support you and want to help you.
Can’t wait for 18.4! Give me some wallballs for my birthday!
The Oboard Says..
Part A. In 10 min…
Bar Hang for 6min
*Every drop is 200m Run
Part B. 3 Rounds for Time:
25 Deck Squats
30 Shoulder to Overhead (DB)
*last did 1/6/17*
Posted by: Emily