New Year… New CPM Goal Board…
78% of all New Year’s resolutions (i.e. wannabe goals) fail and most people quit their goals after the 3rd week in January.
Why is this?
I feel most people think that if they simply write something down for some reason it will ‘magically’ happen. And if you don’t think it will ‘magically’ happen they sure act like it will because they simply do not do what it takes to achieve the goals they wrote down.
Perspective on Goal Setting/Goal Achieving
Disciplines are greater than resolutions, and by a wide margin. Goals are wonderful. You cannot hit a target that you cannot see. But most of the things that will make a difference in your life are not goals, they are something more than that.
- Running a marathon is not the same as having impeccable health.
- A high paying job is not the same as creating wealth.
- Spending more time with your family is not the same as being fully present for them when you are with them.
Most of what you REALLY want is a life-long project. Goals are the milestones along the way, but disciplines are what keeps you tracking towards your North Star. Disciplines are what allows for the incremental accumulation of results over time. Intentions are not enough, and neither is a great plan.
Some “Hidden” Truths about Goals…
- We over-estimate what we can do in a month. We under-estimate what we can do in a year.
- Being Comfortable = No Achievement + Unhappiness… Being Uncomfortable = Achievement + Happiness
- Its all about execution. Apple (one of the most innovative companies in the world) is 90% execution and 10% innovation. Most think the opposite. Complexity is the enemy of execution!
- Beware! Your friends love you on the condition that…
… you don’t change too much… you don’t become more successful than them… you don’t become more confident than them
Rules for the CPM Goal Setting Board…
1. It must be Specific.
Wishes vs. Goals… It is the key. The mind only goes to work on specific, detailed and precise things. Specificity holds you accountable to a number vs. how you feel.
These Don’t Count #noRep
Legit Goal(s)… #goodRep
3. It MUST have a Deadline
4. It MUST have Checkpoints “ALARM CLOCK”
5. You MUST work on yourself…
The O-Board Says…
A: EMOTM for 25-min:
Min 1: KB Swings x 20
Min 2: Push Press x 10 each side
Min 3: SDLHP x 10
Min 4: One Arm Row x 10 each side
Min 5: Russain Twists x 10 per side
Post by Chris; follow me on snapchat; mr_cpm