Bring on 2015!
Bring A Friend Week
All of us will be hitting the gym hard this January and I’m betting you have friends who would like to go too. Bring A Friend Week will be January 12th – 17th. There will be special partner workouts for a portion of the week. Sign up on the board in the gym (by the dumbbells) if you plan to participate!
Rule Your Resolution (Our Next Whole 30)
We are partnering with Upper Cervical Chiropractic (fellow-member Casey Weerheim’s clinic) for our next Whole 30 Challenge. Members of CPM, this is your next opportunity to participate in the Whole 30 Challenge. Just in time for the New Year! Check out the flyers in the gym for more information and you can email me (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Check out the new CPM Thermals in the changing room. We will be doing a pre-order of these. They are $30 each. Sign up on the board if you want one!
And now another edition of….
Reflections, by Mother Plucker
Special 2015 Edition
My personal thoughts on another fantastic week at CPMFitness.
Some of my favorite memories of 2014 and what I’m looking forward to in 2015…
1. Trying new classes. Making new friends at the 6:30 am class over the Summer was a lot of fun for me. It can feel a little out of your comfort zone but I found it was really fun to work out with a different group of people. All of my “finisher” friends know what I’m talking about!
2. More challenges and clubs. Whether it is pull-up, kettlebell swing, handstand, butt or wrist club, the clubs are no joke. Many members saw some pretty amazing results by completing monthly personal challenges. The kettlebell swing challenge was quite possibly the most popular. Just don’t throw a kettlebell around like this girl (HERE). Try a new challenge in 2015! My next starts Monday
3. Improving lifts. I walked into this gym as an endurance junkie. Thanks to Chris, Annie and Stets, I have found a new love… Olympic lifts. They will be the focus of 2015 for me. I really love the snatch but I need to improve my overhead squat to move up in weight. This video (HERE) will show you what I’m talking about. Oh and I’m hoping the lifting will help me look like this lady. (I’m obsessed!)
4. Eating clean. This one is important to me. I go through a vicious cycle of clean eating and “not-so-clean” eating. Sugar is very hard on my body and, with diabetes in my family, I need to stop this cycle and consistently eat healthy. I’ve cleaned out my cupboards and am ready to stick to paleo for 2015. I’m not saying I won’t go out for ice cream with the family or order dessert from time to time but it won’t be in my house. Who’s with me?!
5. Happy New Year CPM Members! You guys are great. Let’s make 2015 our best health and fitness year EVER!
The O-Board Says…
25 box jump overs
50 Toes to Bar
75 kb swings
100 push press
400m med ball run
Posted by: Emily