Conquering Tournament Season ….
With Soccer Tournaments, Baseball, Track, etc .. There seems to be a long road of weekend activities in your future .. So here are some great tips to leave you feeling successful and keep you on track during your “season”.
1. Steer clear of the snack stand You can bring your own snacks for you and the team. Bring items like raw nuts, grass-fed beef jerky, larabars, orange slices, grapes, waters, flavored waters, and veggies (like carrots and celery). These will make you feel great and make you and your child perform better at your sport.
2. Plan ahead. Arrive at the tournament with a cooler stocked with healthy and quick-digesting snacks. If you freeze plastic containers or bags filled with water in advance, (creating large blocks of ice), it will keep the contents of the cooler cold for two to three days,
3. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Dehydration can be a problem, especially on hot, sunny summer days, so take plenty of water.
4. Foods eaten the evening before a game can impact performance as well. Pizza isn’t a good option. Look for restaurants that serve meats, veggie, and salad options. Here is a great list of restaurants to choose from with healthy options for you.
5. Stretch, walk, and stand. Sitting in the stands for hours at a time can be detrimental to your low back, hips, and knees. Put a reminder in your phone to get up take a walk around the field and use these helpful stretches to help relieve tension and tightness from all the sitting.
With a little advanced preparation, you can make the tournament a smoother experience!
The O-Board Says…
4 sets for Quality:
8-10 Front Squats
rest 45 seconds
5-7 strict chin ups/ring pull
rest 45 seconds
30-45 sec hollow hold/ rocks/ skin the cats
rest 45 sec
10 Power Cleans
10 Push Press
50 Double Unders
Posted by: Annie