CPM’s Guide to Stay on Track This Thanksgiving ….
It is the infamous day where we gather around the table with family and friends and partake in some delicious delicacies. We then watch football, go to movies, play games, etc… all while usually consuming more yummy treats … By the time you hit the pillow you feel like one big stuffed turkey!
Here are 5 simple tips to stay on track and not over indulge this Turkey day…..
1. Eat a Good Healthy Breakfast – Many of us do not eat as we want to “Save up for dinner”. This is a big mistake, as you will then gorge on the bad stuff and be much more tempted to eat more snacky foods while waiting for the turkey too.
2. Drink a lot of water – Healthy digestion also requires adequate amounts of water. In order for your body to carry out toxins, burn fat, and lubricate organs and joints, you must make hydration a priority. Not only will you cut cravings and get fuller more quickly, you’re replacing minerals lost during those pre-thanksgiving dinner activities.
3. Get the blood flowing and that heart rate up in the am – Working out will not only get those endorphins make you feel good, you will be more likely to keep going all day and less likely to turn into a couch potato. Also when you exercise your body craves the good things much more than the bad.
4. Bake a Healthy Dish – If you are cooking then you really have good quality control for what goes on your table. If you are going to a relatives or a friend bring a healthy side dish that you can eat with some delicious turkey and or ham.
5. 5. Dress Appropriately – This one might sound a little odd, but it’s very important. You have my full permission to pull out the cute, snug skinny jeans that don’t give much in the waist. Why? Because they will help keep you from overeating! Seriously! Tighter clothes don’t allow any room for expansion, which will automatically keep your mind on the plan that you set at the beginning of the day.
Now you have some helpful tips to keep you feeling accomplished and successful this holiday season!
The O-Board Says…
10 Ball Slams
* 10 burpees every 4 minutes
Posted By: Annie