Enjoy Thanksgiving without Guilt
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Actually I love any excuse for family time. It fills my cup!! But for many people, the holiday comes with food-related anxiety, guilt and that uncomfortable, tryptophan coma that can last for hours, sometimes days.
Here are some tips to enjoy the holiday this year instead of wasting your time with feelings that won’t fill your cup.
1. Start out your day with a simple breakfast (Protein, fiber, healthy fats). Starving yourself for that big meal only gives you low blood sugar and you will end up binging.
2. Relax. Breathe. And get your mindset ready to enjoy a delicious meal😋.
3. Stay hydrated. Water is preferred. 😬 You will have less bloat.
4. Don’t shovel food into your mouth. Slow and steady wins the race, as you are less likely to overeat. Taste the flavors and enjoy the moment.
5. STOP 🛑 when full. Are seconds and thirds necessary?? Ok maybe seconds on my dad’s cornbread stuffing but that’s it😜
6. Give yourself permission. Deprivation just makes the craving stronger.
7. Move your body. Go for a walk. Head to CPM for a workout to start off your thanksgiving day (7:30/8:30 @WM) or the day after (8:30@WM). Or maybe you are one of those crazy people that enjoy black Friday shopping💰. Move not because you have to but because you want to!!
Thanksgiving is meant to celebrate friends, family and being thankful. So make sure to let your loved ones know how much you appreciate them. I am very thankful for such a wonderful empowering community of individuals I get to hang out with each and every week!!
A. Clean and Jerk
B. AMRAP 20 minutes of:
Clean and Jerks, 20 reps
Rest 1 minute
Partners complete 20 combined each set; Can break it up however they wish. Only one works at a time.
Once 20 reps is done; both partners rest the min
Posted by: Nicole