CPM Sleigh the Rower 2.0
CPM Sleigh the Rower 2.0 is starting soon! Sign up on the board in the gym and go to Concept 2 ONLINE CHALLENGES PAGE to create your online logbook. Here is what you need to know:
- Committ to 50k, 100k, or 200k meters
- Row that amount of meters between November 27th and December 24th
- Log your meters in the Concept2 logbook: http://log.concept2.
com/log_start.asp?p=/log.asp ( CPM is registered with Concept2 and you’ll be able to set us as your gym during the account creation process)
- Concept2 donates $.02/1000m up to 100k and $.04 per kilometer past 100k to some awesome charities. Last year, the challenge paid $25k to last year’s causes.
How CPM participates:
- You pay $30 flat fee to be in the challenge (to cover staff for open gym times)
- We recommend you set a baseline 5k time in the first week of the challenge
- We program workouts with a lot more rowing, and we set up lots of open gym times where people can come log some meters
- Row your commitment however you want (break it up daily (recommended) row it all in the last week (crazy!)
- Re-test your 5k time at the end of the challenge. You’ll be flat out amazed.
This is an awesome challenge. Last year we had about 60 people participate. Lets up the standard this year and make it an even 100!
Fit Chic CPMFITness Sweatshirt Order
Thanks to an overwhelming demand and request for them, we are putting in our first Fit Chic CPMFITness Sweatshirt order. Courtesy of the Bridal Gallery, these zip up hoodies are not only super comfortable with their organic cotton material but they look great out of the gym too. They are also a great Christmas Gift for yourself or for someone you love.
They are available in Small, Medium, Large, XL and 2XL. (FYI, Annie has a medium).
Here is a color sheet for you to find the color that best suites you:
sweatshirt colors .jpg
Don’t hesitate and get your order in with one of the coaches today. We will be finalizing orders Friday November 21st so get them in before its too late!
And now another edition of….
Reflections, by Mother Plucker
My personal thoughts on another fantastic week at CPMFitness.
- Can you string your toe-to-bars together? That is no joke. I’ve struggled with getting the right rhythm to do this properly. Tuesday I was able to do it well for the first time. Thanks to pull-up club, perhaps? See me if you want to become a member of this “elite” club!
- There is a wide variety of methods used to carry a wallball while running. Ball on shoulder, ball on head, ball behind head, ball on hip, and, my favorite, ball on belly. I’ve even seen Stets doing his own version, click here to watch!
- If you don’t already have the app Coaches Eye on your phone, you need to get it. A few of us used it Wednesday to record ourselves doing the clean. Now I can compare my clean to Camille Leblanc-Bazinet’s (click here to view). Mine looks very similar 😉
- A box jump over should be called “box jump then carefully step down on the other side.” Jumping over the box is just plain crazy.
The O-Board Says…
4 repeats: 800m Run
Every 5 min start new interval
Part B. Tabata
B. Row for Cals
C. Double Unders
Posted by: Emily