Friday News, News and More News!
CPM Combine – Buck This!
This combine is going to be a blast so make sure you get in on it. Have a great time working out with friends and getting some PR’s. The bell will be ready. Then we get to celebrate our achievements with a fun going away party for Stets. Details can be found HERE.
Timeline for the day:
9:00 am – Doors open
9:30 am – Heat 1 starts
10:00 am – Heat 2 starts
10:30 am – Heat 3 starts
Noon – Combine ends
High Noon – Buck This Party Starts!!
April All In Challenge 30-30-30
30 workouts in 30 days? Yes please! Here are the details for our April 30-30-30 Challenge:
- 30 Days = April 1st – April 30th
- 30 Workouts = Attend 30 classes at CPM Fitness (CPM Fit, Yoga, Olympic Lifting)
- $30 = Entry fee to the challenge is $30 for members with an unlimited plan. Entry fee for those of you with a 2, 3 or 4 times per week plan is $40.
- 30 spots Available in this challenge. To hold your spot, you have to pay in cash.
- Journal all 30 workouts
- Those who complete 30 workouts will be entered into a drawing for prizes including free unlimited month membership, fish oil, jump ropes and gift cards!
- Complete a baseline workout at the beginning and end of the month to test your physical gains over the month. The baseline is programmed for the April 1st and April 30th classes.
CPM Olympic Lifting Class
We are switching things up on Fridays starting April 3rd. There will be a CPM X45 Noon class at 11:30. Then we will have an Olympic Lifting class from 12:15 to 1:00 pm with an optional 15 minute workout starting at 1 pm. If you want to have better lifting technique and become a more efficient lifter, this class is for you!
We are giving you a few more days. Get your order on the board by Tuesday, March 17th!
And now another edition of….
Reflections, by Mother Plucker
My personal thoughts on another fantastic week at CPMFITness.
1. We thought it would be really cool to post a video on the Sunday evening (Monday) blog that runs through the upcoming week of workouts. I hate (I can’t stress the word hate enough) being in videos. I really, really do. Chris is making me do it anyway. Here is one of our first takes. It’s not one of the videos with me in it. I’m not prepared for that just yet.
2. No one should ever have to do 50 toe to bars after a 600 m farmer carry. Seriously! Mike had a great idea. Since we have 10 toes, you should technically only have to get your feet to the bar 5 times. I was watching tutorials on toes to bar and came across this video from Jason Khalipa. I thought the “butterfly” of the toe to bar was interesting. I actually saw quite a few people doing this last weekend at my training. Might have to try it. I’m sure it’s as easy as it looks.
3. I’ve been working really hard to get a muscle-up. I started using a band progression and I finally got my first bar muscle-up last Friday! I’ve got some work to do but I’m excited. If you are interested in giving it a try, I’d be happy to share my methods (although somewhat unconventional) with you
4. Death my 10 meters… ugh. I’m a decent runner but it takes time to get this bus moving. Death by 10 was intense!
5. Am I the only one who thinks the spotting method for a backsquat is a little awkward?? Maybe not this awkward…
The O-Board Says…
10 Double Unders
3 Clean & Jerks
20 Double Unders
6 Clean & Jerks
30 Double Unders
9 Clean & Jerks
*keep climbing the ladder, adding 10 Double Unders and 3 Clean & Jerks every round
Posted by: Emily