Friday Night Lights – One Workout To Go!
17.4 – What a Workout!
Deadlifts, Wallballs, Rowing and Handstand Push-Ups….my favorite workout so far! We had another amazing night at CPM and I can’t believe FNL is coming to an end. I’m very very sad and I’m not the only one. I’ve gotten several messages from members that feel the same way. If you know me well, you know that there isn’t much that will get me out of the house on a Friday night. I get up early in the morning and I prefer to go to bed much earlier than most of you. But I have looked forward to this each and every week and I’m really going to miss it!
Here’s my personal recap from last week:
- I really liked 17.3 because the first 3 movements were doable for most of the CPM members.
- Deadlifts are easy to scale by lowering the weight.
- Wallballs – easy to scale also.
- The rower tripped up a few of the shorter members (sorry ladies!) but otherwise didn’t give too many of us trouble.
- Handstand push-ups were the movement that would make or break the workout for the majority of us. To actually meet the standards and finish the handstand with your arms locked out and feet on the wall is HARD!
- Despite the fact that I flew through the first 3 movements, I was unable to complete very many handstand push-ups. I’m still not convinced that I even had one good one but my amazing judge says I did so I’m going with that
- 17.4 was my final workout as a 30 something year old. Sunday was my 40th birthday but I’ve decided 40 is going to be really good. Every decade seems to be better than the one before and I’m confident that pattern will continue.
- The open workouts have “opened” my eyes to my weaknesses. Not that I didn’t already know what they are but it’s motivated me to get better at the gymnastics moves. #1 – drop a few pounds, #2 – get more mobile, #3 – practice the movements!
- I’m taking charge. If you caught Chris’ FB live video, you may have noticed that I was a little stressed that evening. I like organization and it’s often the reason I don’t delegate or ask for help and I simply take over a project. Not always the ideal approach but I’m going to look at this as a strength rather than a weakness. Anyhow, I’m fully prepared to delegate some of my duties to others on Friday night and run the show! FNL has been a great learning experience for us at CPM. It’s only going to get better! Maybe we will even introduce a little fall FNL action?!
We have one week left. Join us! You won’t regret it. If you can’t be there Friday night, watch Chris’ Facebook live video. He’s pretty darn funny hence the reason I forgive him for goofing off during FNL instead of helping me keep everything organized! Thank you CPM friends for supporting us on this Friday Night Lights journey. It’s been a BLAST!
The O-Board Says…
Clean and Jerks
30 cal Row
30 Clean and Jerks
30 cal Row