Growing Up To Be Strong
15% Off Fish Oil on July 15th
July is O-FISH-ALLY fish oil month. If you were to ask “what is the most important supplement to take?” We would tell you fish oil. Even with clean eating, most of us are deficient in Omega-3’s fatty acid. Luckily this SFH product makes it simple to add them into your diet. You will receive a friendly 15% off fish oil ordered on the 15th. We will have a sign-up spot on the board in the changing room.
Teaching Our Kids To Be Strong
We are half way through our CPMFIT Kids program and I’ve had a great time coaching the mini-CPMers this summer. It’s pretty cool to show kids how to use a barbell, do box jumps, pull-ups, etc. I don’t know about the rest of you but I struggle to keep my kids off of their devices during the day. It’s the first thing they reach for when they are bored. Except snacks. They reach for those too. The CPM kids don’t stop moving from the moment they walk into the gym until they walk out. Lots of hanging on the bars and rings. That is obviously their favorite 🙂
Coaching kids in sports is tough. Parents put so much pressure on their kids to be athletes. Why not focus on being healthy and having fun? Isn’t that what it’s really about? Look at how many of your high school classmates grew up to play a professional sport. Do you really think your child will? That’s what I love about CPM. We are focused on health and overall fitness. It’s not a competition unless you want it to be.
Here’s what I want my kids and the kids I coach to learn from me:
- You want to be strong and healthy. Girls, you have got to get over the idea of wanting to be skinny! Don’t let dieting consume your life.
- Be confident and assertive… you can’t buy confidence. Look people in the eye when they talk to you and you talk to them. Confidence gets you what you want.
- Don’t let anyone think they have the upper hand with you. But respect authority and your elders.
- Be kind and caring. One small negative comment can ruin someone’s day or even week.
- Have fun and be positive. Wake up every morning looking forward to what your day will bring. Chris and I talk about this one a lot. Just thinking positively can change your life. It really can!
I have many more but it looks like my blog is running long. Go figure. I want to thank all of you who have brought your kids to CPM. We love your kiddos and look forward to coaching them for many many years.
The Oboard Says..
EMOTM for 16 minutes
5 Push Ups and 20 Double Unders
1 Power Snatch,
1 Hang Power Snatch,
2 Overhead Squats
*Last did 9/16/15
*EMOTM do 5 Slam Balls
Posted by: Emily