Hellooooo Friday! Last Chance For Thermals!
CDA Info Night
CPM continues to grow, and Chris, Annie, and Stets are part futurists. Because of this, we seek people interested in exploring their fitness passions and learning what it takes to be a coach.
Here at CPMFITness we strive towards offering the most complete health, movement and fitness program we can for our members. This includes world-class coaching, goal setting work, accountability, support and nutrition direction. Of course, this relentless pursuit requires us to have well trained, professional coaches who can not only cover the specifics of movements and coaching methodologies, but also communicate clearly with groups, control the flow of a class, and be present outside of class to help with the organizational aspects of our program.
Perhaps you’ve seen Annie, Stets or Chris coaching during your time here and wondered what it’s like to be a professional coach? Maybe you’ve thought of learning the ropes yourself and developing the skills involved with being a coach? Maybe you’re just interested in learning much much more about health and fitness?
Whether you think this is for you or might not be sure, this is your chance to find out more. Join us…
WHEN: Wednesday January 28th
TIME: 5:30p – 5:45p
At the info night we will cover:
- Overall goals of the program
- Program description
- Program Schedule
- Program pre-requisites
- Entry Requirements
- Participation requirements
- Q & A from the attendees
Please let us know if you are interested!
It’s Back…. Yoga Teacher Training!
Whether you are an experienced student or an up-and-coming teacher, this course will give you the skills of a seasoned professional yoga teacher.
From this streamlined, proven program that teaches the art and skill of teaching yoga classes, you will be able to confidently and effectively teach group and private yoga classes of any level. Learn how to:
- Skillfully teach over 50 poses
- Build sequences
- Give hands-on adjustments
- Use verbal and visual cuing
- Safely teach students with injuries
- Open and close a class
- Communicate effectively
- Structure classes
- A Yoga Binder ( I call it the Yoga Bible)
Starting Saturday, February 28th and ending Sunday March 15th, 2014. Noon to 4:00 PM Sat+Sun at CPMFITness. If you need to miss a day or a weekend, don’t worry! Make up classes are available!
For More Information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Spaces are limited to 10 people, so make sure to reserve your space quickly.
Fit and Flow Yoga
Starting January 20th, we will be offering Fit and Flow Yoga at 5:30 am on Tuesdays and it will be coached by Annie. Fit and Flow is a class designed to strengthen your body while giving you a total body workout. Fit and Flow classes are set to up-beat music. The class is designed to tone and sculpt every major muscle group. Fit and Flow compliments your regular yoga practice while boosting your metabolism and pushing your strength and flexibility to new heights. By incorporating strength-training exercises such as squats, lunges and push-ups with mobility, you will be able to see visible results in no time!
CPMFITness Thermals: Last Chance!
We will be putting in the order for the thermals on Friday! Let us know if you want one!
And now another edition of….
Reflections, by Mother Plucker
My personal thoughts on another fantastic week at CPMFitness.
1. 5 rounds of 200 m sprint and 10 burpees is NOT a warm-up! Same goes for bear crawl races around the rig.
2. I had a really good idea of how I would complete my 5 minutes of handstand and bar hang. 45 seconds on, 15 seconds off. Seemed fairly straight forward until round 2. Pretty soon I’m doing 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off. 15 seconds on, 45 seconds off… ok, maybe not that bad but it was tough!
3. Speaking of handstands, a lot of people at the gym talk about working on their freestanding handstand. I like this idea. Click HERE.
4. Do you and your spouse have matching t-shirts? Maybe from an event or race? A CPM member, who shall remain nameless, accidentally grabbed his wife’s medium shirt the other day. He’s one of our heavy lifters to give you an idea of what size shirt he probably wears. He took it like a champ and sported it for the entire noon class. Anyway, it made my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
5. We have some VERY talented people at the gym. Check out the new kettlebell rack made by Mark Warner (far right). It is super cool… and super heavy!! Thanks Mark… you rock!
The O-Board Says…
100 Partner Wall Ball Situps
100 Partner Wall Balls
1 – 20
Ground to OH w/Plate
Burpee to a Plate
*Teams of 2
1 person works
1 runs 200m w/Ball
Posted by: Emily