Let The Double Banging Begin!
How To Squeeze In Those Extra Workouts
First, let me get you up to speed on my performance diet. Things are going well.
- I’ve definitely leaned out through my mid-section despite some Easter cheats over the weekend.
- It was easier to get my pants up over my hips too so that’s good news.
- Planning my meals was smooth the second week. It’s almost getting to be a habit.
- I removed the rice from my diet and replaced with sweet potatoes. My joints feel better after the switch.
- Pull-ups and muscle-ups felt better this week. Perhaps some weight loss contributed to that?
I’m looking at this as a performance diet, not necessarily a weight loss diet. Now that the attendance challenge has started, I plan on squeezing in some extra workouts or just lifting / gymnastics sessions for fun. That should help with my progress 🙂
And now, let’s discuss how to double bang! We have several participants in the Buns n Guns Attendance Challenge. I know many of you are thinking about adding a yoga class during the week and/or maybe an open gym. But you do have the option of attending more than one CPM class in a day. So if you do, how can you manage completing the same workout two times in one day?
- Modify Movements – Switch push-ups to handstand push-ups. Maybe you do slamballs instead of kb swings. As long as you aren’t being a distraction and you know the movements, you can easily throw something else into your workout.
- Scale Movements – Instead of pull-ups, you ring row. Instead of box jumps, you step up.
- Hit Back to Back Classes – Want an easy double banger? Hit 2 classes in a row. Leaving the gym and coming back can be a challenge. Set aside 90 minutes to workout and take 2 classes!
- Yoga, Yoga, Yoga – Throw in some yoga classes. Your body will thank you. I need to take some of my own advice on this one. My hamstrings are begging me to go to yoga!
It’s been a really fun week so far! Keep it up CPM friends!
The O-Board Says…
63 Kettlebell Swings
Run 800 meters
42 Kettlebell Swings
Run 400 meters
21 Kettlebell Swings