Memories of a Rowing Challenge Past
Watching CPM members participate in the rowing challenge this year brings me back to 2013. It was my first year at CPM and in your first year at a new gym you participate in EVERYTHING! Rowing challenge? Bring it on! 50,000 OR 100,000 OR 200,000 meters? 200,000 of course! Coming from years of long distance running, I figured sitting on a rower for hours on end was going to be no big deal.
- Rowing the meters (even for the 200,000) isn’t that bad as long as you show up early for class and stay late. No time for chit chat unless someone wants to talk to you while you are on the rower.
- Buy a rower. Yeah, just go buy a rower. It’s way better than buying a treadmill and cheaper. You can always sell it to a newer CPM member when you get tired of it!
- Row at least 12,000 meters at one time just to experience what it feels like. I turned on a talk show in the morning, gave myself a break at 6,000 meters and realized that sit-ups aren’t the only thing that will give me butt rash.
- Try to hit a couple PR’s. I looked at my logbook while writing this blog. I rowed a 5K in 19:44.7. I still recall doing this before class at the gym and it wasn’t that hard at the time. Apparently the rowing challenge had me well conditioned for this distance of a row!
- Don’t row like this guy… Poor Rowing Form
- Do row like this guy… Chris Mello Old School
Keep up the great work guys! Who knows maybe one of these days I’ll actually row WITH you 😉 In the meantime, I will cheer you on.
B: For Time:
600 Meter Run
1 Round of Cindy
Max Clean and Jerks (135/95)
~Rest 2 Minutes~
400 Meter Run
2 Rounds of Cindy
Max Clean and Jerks (155/105)
~Rest 2 Minutes~
200 Meter Run
3 Rounds of Cindy
Max Clean and Jerks (185/135)
Score Equals total Clean and Jerks