Stretch to Avoid Sickness This Season …
The winter months are filled with cold and flu bugs. What if you could relieve some of those stuffy noses, coughing/sneezing, and aches and pains just by doing some simple therapeutic yoga stretches?
Here are 5 poses that will help to open your airways, relieve congestion, and get you on the path to feeling cold, without having a cold!
1. Sun Salutation: This invigorating invocation to your yoga practice helps build heat in the body and sweat out those evil toxins in your body.
2. Bridge Pose: Bridge posture is an effective way to open your chest, to get you back on track to breathing clearly!
3. Bow Pose Open your chest with this backbend. Do up to three sets. This stretch will open up your chest and help relieve congestion.
4. Shoulder stand: This pose brings blood to the head and throat. It helps relieve sinus congestion and stress, and strengthens the immune functions of your hormonal system.
5. Standing Forward Bend: Brings energy to your head and respiratory area that will help clear your sinuses.
Now you can use these simple stretches to feel great this Winter season ….
The Oboard Says…
3 rounds for time of:
Row 50 calories
50 walking lunges
Posted by: Annie