Sun for the Soul
As you read my blog this week, I will be enjoying my last few days in the Caribbean. This is something my husband and I commit to doing yearly. Although the finances don’t always look like we can afford to go, we say each year that this is something that we can’t afford not to do.
With the daily hustle and bustle of daily life, it’s easy to forget about the person you married. This is our time to reconnect, spending quality time together away from the kiddos to help us refuel after a long season of busyness.
Maintaining our health routine while on vacation is very important to us. It’s not just about food; it’s about distressing, having fun, exploring and soaking up some well needed Vitamin-D.
Here are some tips to keeping us on track:
- Unplug for the most part
- Read a good book
- Sleep in (no alarms) and get some type movement when we wake up whether that’s a walk on the beach, yoga on the dock or checking out the gym. Do what feels good!
- Drink lots of water, fill up on protein, lots of veggies, adding some healthy fats and taking advantage of the fresh fruits
- Don’t deprive ourselves of things we truly enjoy – I love to sample the dessert tray each night
- Go with the flow and allow for unexpected memories to be made
- Indulge and be okay with it!!
- And most important —- RELAX
With the flexibility vacation brings, we face each day without a schedule or to-do-list. This is tough for me as I LOVE structure but this freedom is a good reminder that we have each day to choose our next steps.
The O-Board Says…
Every 3 Minutes for 18 Minutes:
12 DB Snatch
9 Burpee Box Jump Over
Posted By: Nicole