Could taking risks be the missing ingredient to our happiness?
I was recently asked to define my risks for 2018. This has been a bit challenging as I realize most of my life has been about playing it safe. I like to stay in one lane. I don’t like a lot of interruption and like to take things at my pace. Taking risks is scary. My mind immediately goes to why would I let myself become so vulnerable? After doing a little research I have come to the conclusion that every decision we make has a consequence and is not 100% certain. We risk everything without even knowing it. So where does one start?
Here is a quick checklist of risks we could take:
- Risk taking the road less traveled
- Risk getting turned down – because we hate being rejected, we often fail to even ask
- Risk not getting the JOB is the same as landing it
- Risk failing – this one is HUGE for me – but failing just means you succeed in figuring out another way of not doing it
- Risk making a mistake – I am a perfectionist but realize this is how we learn
- Risks losing friendships – this one is tough for me but have realized over the years that I have distanced myself from my friends, not intentionally but there is only so much time to get the work done that needs to be done for my dreams to happen.
- Risk not being good enough
- Risk putting yourself out there and being judged – nailed this one with my blogging😁
- Risk admitting that you don’t’ know – knowledge is the easiest thing to accumulate but only if you ask questions and risk not knowing that answer
- Bottom Line…the biggest risk is not taking one!
I would love to hear what are your risks for 2018?!?
The O-Board Says…
Part A: Max Bar Hang
rest 1 minute
Max handstand Hold
Part B for Time:
Hang Power Cleans
Posted By: Nicole