There’s Technique and Skill in the Double Under ….
The Double Under seems like it should be pretty easy to attain, so why is it one of the most complicated exercises for individuals to conquer?
I have seen some of the fittest athletes in the world be able to lift unseemingly large amounts of weight, run like no other, pullup till there arms fall off, but as soon as they pick up their rope it is like they are jumping with two left feet.
If you are a member at CPMFITness you have become familiar with the term “the ugghhh” (the usual). It is a jump rope series that allows you to improve at the art of jump roping.
The rule to life is you have to continue day in and day out to practice your craft in order to get better. Many of us have not picked up a jump rope since elementary school, so how are we supposed to be great at something we have not done since the 5th grade?
Here are some tips and tricks to perfect the art of jump roping:
1. Look straight ahead to maintain balance.
2. Keep body upright and balanced with the weight on the balls of the feet.
3. Jump only high enough to clear the rope (1 inch off the ground)
4. Land lightly on the balls of your feet.
5. Keep your elbows close to your sides.
6. Relax and don’t forget to breath!
Here is a great video to help you perfect your craft:
The O-Board Says…
5 rounds for time;
200m Farmer Carry’s
50 Double Unders
posted by: Annie