Goodbye 2017… I Need a New Start!
Happy New Year!
I wanted to take a week break from Gym Rat Chit Chat to share with you my thoughts and goals for the new year.
2017 was a challenging year for many reasons. From my dad’s second stroke to my friend losing her son, new struggles and challenges were popping up every single day and the challenges were much greater than anything I have ever faced. I found myself lying awake at night with anxiety over what seemed to be my life spinning out of control. On occasion, I would throw a mild temper tantrum at the lake as I realized more and more how my life was transitioning from having my parents care for me to me caring for my parents. So hold on….I’m throwing a tantrum at the lake. Real world problems, right? Wow, I’m an idiot 😳 For months, I continued to feel sorry for myself rather than realizing that I am very fortunate in so many ways. It was selfish.
So in 2018, I want to get back on track. I need to regain control of my life. Prioritize and make big changes.
- Be present for those that need me. Family first but friends also. Make time for those that are truly struggling. Less phone, more face time.
- Change lives. What we do at CPM is not just good for people it’s great. I want to introduce that to more and more members of the community.
- Let my kids be kids. I got caught up in a game of pushing young kids to act as though they are college athletes. Family time first, always.
- Change my diet… again. This time I’m trying Keto. Why not?!
- Build a community. Last year was amazing with Friday Night Lights, Farm Throwdown and CPM Fit Kids. This year will be even better.
- Be good enough. I can’t do it all and, if I try, I won’t do it well. Sometimes you have to pick. What is my focus this month?
- Stop sweating the small stuff. No more losing sleep over things that are out of my control.
- Keep my standards high. I expect a lot from people and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. I will continue to hold people to high standards as they should do the same for me.
- Have fun! I’ve always been a very positive person. I like to wake up and make the decision that today will be a good day. I feel like some of that was lost in 2017. I’m going make sure I get it back in 2018!
Next week, I have a great Gym Rat Chit Chat episode for you…. Chad Belitz! I can’t wait to share it with you 😃
The Oboard Says..
Part A: Bench Press
Every 3-min for 15-min
10 Deadlifts (225/155)
Max Double Unders
Posted by: Emily