What to do without a CPMFIT Approved Menu??
We pretty excited to drop another CPMFIT Approved Menu with Ode to Good Food Downtown in the Cherapa Place. Look out for paper copies at both Western Mall and 2.o soon as well as pdf’s on our website.
We are also excited for those of you that get the idea that healthy food can and does taste good for you.
But what do you do without a CPMFIT Approved Menu?
We’ve written about some RESTAURANT RULES TO LIVE BY… I’d like to dive in with another view:
Restaurant menu’s can confusing — but these tips will make your healthy dining experience fun, satisfying and stress free.
BM “Before the Meal”
- Search the website and look over the menu to familiarize yourself with your options and hone in on making a decision before you leave. Clarity = Confidence.
- Smaller and local restaurants are generally more accommodating to substitutions than larger chains.
When at the Table
- Ask the server to not bring bread to the table and refrain from offering dessert after the meal.
- Look out for and ask about hidden ingredients; cheese, dressing, oils that are used in preparation of salads, meats, etc…
- Let the server know if you have intolerances, sensitivities, allergies or preferences. i.e. gluten, celiacs, lactose, etc…
- Be clear with your requests. “Would it be possible..?” or “I’d love it if..? Servers want to help and they don’t know if you don’t tell them.
- Be Creative. Sandwiches that look good can be ordered without bread, pasta can be subbed with veggies.
- Starchy sides could be switched with a side salad, steamed veggies or fruit.
- Take care of a good server. Gratitude and gratuity go a long way. Especially if you come back it makes everything easier with a solid server.
- You do your best forget the rest. No meal is perfect. No human is either. It’s all about progress and should be fun not stressful. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Just be reading this general template and trial and error you will become a component menu reader in no time.
The O-Board Says…
A.Death by Wallballs
10 minutes (go up by 2’s)
B. Total Reps
16 Plate Ground to Overhead + 16 Russian Twist
Row for Cals
8 Burpee Box Jump + 8 DB Push Press
Post by Chris; @cmoknows