Whole Life Challenge Week 5….I’m In A Rut
WLC Week 5…. I’m Not Even Sure What To Say
I feel like we are in a Whole Life Challenge rut. I say “we” because I’m feeling the same way. I was rocking this challenge for the first 3 weeks. Unstoppable…. max points every day and I felt AMAZING! So what is causing this rut and how do I get out of it?
Here is what I think has gotten in the way of my challenge success:
- I’m not seeing results as quickly as before. I dropped 5 pounds fast on the challenge, then dropped a few more but now I’m at a standstill. Definitely not as motivating.
- Cravings are getting worse. I can’t figure this one out. I really want dark chocolate at night. My kids made cookies and I’m struggling to avoid them.
- The newness of the challenge has worn off. It’s still fun to read reflections but it was a lot more fun in the beginning. People were excited, the posts were hilarious and we were all in this together!
- Pumpkin spice everything? Maybe this is all in my head but with Halloween approaching and fall weather, I’m really wanting some half & half in my coffee. I see Pumpkin Spice lattes, oreos, halloween candy, pancakes… you name it! Fall is killer on the waist line!
Here is what I’m going to do about it:
- Perfect days during the week. There is no reason for me to miss workouts, eat poorly, lose sleep, etc during the week. I need to make all of this a priority in my life forever not just during the Whole Life Challenge.
- When I slip up, I move on. A bad day yesterday does not equal a bad week. The best thing I can do is follow up a bad day with a perfect day. My body thanks me for it every time.
- Continue to meal prep. This is a habit that I will not stop. It’s so easy to make the right choice at lunch when my lunch is packed and ready to go. 2 hours to prep is all it takes!
- Finish strong. With the holidays quickly approaching, I want to be ahead of the game. Tight pants – not an option unless it’s because my muscles are swollen 😉 I want to look good and feel good this holiday season!
Let’s not think of this as an 8 week challenge. This is the rest of your life! Will days always be perfect? No but we can be close, right? And 5 days out of the week isn’t bad. Good luck everyone! I’m climbing my way out of a rut… I hope you aren’t stuck in one but, if you are, I hope you get out of it and continue to rock the challenge
The Oboard Says…
AMRAP 15-min Ladder
Posted by: Emily