“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with”…Jim Rohn
You hear it all the time, but until you actually follow those words, you’ll never realize how truly powerful it is. The people we surround ourselves with determine how we think, speak and act. They will LIFT you up or PULL you down.
So how do we find those people that will LIFT us up? It starts with YOU first.
- Let go of judgment. The first step in recognizing talent is recognizing talent! You can only do this if you are able to put aside your own issues and prejudices and see others for who they are.
- Let go of jealousy. If you’re jealous of what they’ve got, you’ll feel it, they’ll feel it and it never ends pretty. Become your own standard. Learn to appreciate yourself for who you are, not for what you possess or your achievements.
- Let go of neediness. While feeling appreciated is healthy, needing approval from people is quite the opposite. Needy people are demanding and clingy. The more things you find within yourself that make you proud and bring you satisfaction, the less you’ll need others’ constant approval.
- Let go of self-doubt. We all have good and bad days. On those not so good days we might need to “fake it until we make it’. If you don’t believe you belong, they won’t either.
- Let go of control. Great people will do things you don’t understand and can’t explain. Insisting on living in a world you fully understand will keep you from experiencing people who can open you up to new and bigger ideas.
- Let go of negativity. Awesome people fix things or laugh about them. They guard their mind against negative thoughts before they make it to their day-to-day life. They see no third option.
- Let go of safe. Surrounding yourself with extraordinary people guarantees one thing: change. You know that scary, risky, life-altering stuff. Change is inevitable. Time to embrace it.
Greatness happens when you let go. It’s the ultimate “Stone Soup.” The first ingredient starts with you. By working together, with other people contributing what they can when you need it the most, a greater good is achieved.
A. Build-up every 75s
10-9-8-7….1 = Seated Barbell Press
15 Cal Row
5 Pull-ups (strict)
15 KB Swings