If you are trying to stick with the #800gChallenge, or just avoid extra sugar around Halloween, these are the perfect recipes for you when tempted with all the seasonal tasty treats.
You can put these out for all your fun Halloween festivities!
Plus, these healthy snacks have entertainment value, which makes kids and adults more apt to eat their veggies!
Skeleton Veggie Tray
- ½ green pepper
- ½ red pepper
- ½ orange pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- 3 stalks of celery, cut up into pieces
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1-8oz package of white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups of cauliflower
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- veggie dip
- Romaine lettuce leaves
To Create the Skeleton Veggie Tray
- Place the container of veggie dip at the top of your dish/platter. Insert a few pieces of Romaine lettuce leaves as hair, and olives as the eyes and nose.
- Place the slices of cucumber in rows on top of each other as the spine.
- For the ribs, cut all four colors of the peppers in slices from top to bottom and stack on top of one another on either side of the cucumber spine.
- Place the sliced mushrooms under the ribs as the pelvis.
- Lay out the celery as shoulders and arms, connecting both with a cherry tomato as the joint.
- The broccoli and cauliflower are the hands.
- 1 cup of Guacamole
- 1 bag of blue tortilla chips
- 2 baby carrots
- dollop of paleo ranch dressing
To Create the Frankenstein Guacamole
- Place the guacamole on a plate and shape into a rectangle.
- Use a dollop of paleo ranch for each eye, and place an olive on top of each dollop.
- Cut some olive slices in half and place as the mouth.
- Take two baby carrots and insert into the sides of the ‘head’.
- Gently press blue tortilla chips into the top of the ‘head’.
Looking for More Fun and Healthy Treats?
There’s a lot more where that came from here on the CPM Fitness blog! Visit our other nutrition posts for more fun recipes and nutrition tips in Sioux Falls.