Q: How do you assess new clients?
A: We first begin with defining goals. Knowing exactly what you want to accomplish is a very important starting point. Then we dive into the motivation and why your goals are important to you. Next, we establish your commitment level. We need to understand what you are willing and able to do to achieve your goals.
Next we take some physical biomarkers. via use of the scale, measurements, photos, and body fat testing (if requested).
Then we go through a series of functional exercise tests. It involves metabolic conditioning, calisthenics, weight lifts, barbell movements, flexibility/mobility, and plyometrics.
We then have you start a food journal and begin monitoring your nutritional habits and intake.
Q: What’s your training style?
A: We believe in functional-based movement, meaning they will help you function better in your daily life. Think our our training in three pieces:
- We use external loads (strength training) barbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, resistance bands, etc.
- Master your bodyweight in basic gymnastics: pull-ups, push-ups, squats, lunges, sit-ups, and toe to bar.
- We implement cardiovascular training. We run, row, jump rope, throw, do burpees, and many other forms of plyometrics.
We believe in doing things safely and effectively.
- Mechanics: First we master the skills, technique, and position.
- Consistency: Here is where we add volume to develop the strength and conditioning.
- Intensity: We can now responsibly move into training intensity.